E-Transfer - To pay with e-transfer enter promo code ETRANSFER at checkout and then send your payment amount to our contact e-mail or phone #
Orders made with e-transfer will not be subject to our restocking fee in the event of cancelation
Paddle Canada Level 2 Sea Kayaking / Touring Overview
Knowledge - Seamanship and decision making knowledge appropriate to kayak touring with a group of peers.
- Use of Marine Weather forecasts and related resources to plan and make daily decisions while paddling.
- Introduction to Wilderness Navigation using charts and compass.
- Use of Tide / Current tables and related resources to plan and make daily decisions while paddling.
Including choosing appropriate beach camp locations and navigating areas of challenging currents.
- Introduction to Wilderness Camping skills including tarp set-up, cooking, gear familiarization and packing a kayak.
Kayak Paddling Skills - Continued Development of Level 1 skills with an emphasis on torso rotation and boat control - Forward stroke, reverse stroke, sweep strokes, draw strokes and low brace. Skills performed in Dynamic Conditions including; wind and chop, mild currents.
- Introduction to High Bracing, Brace Turns, Bow & Stern Rudders, Draws in motion.
- Introduction to Paddling in Currents <3 knots.
Rescue Skills - Assisted and Unassisted Recoveries in Dynamic conditions
- Introduction to Towing.
- Introduction to Rolling.
Sea Kayak Touring Course
Paddle Canada Level 2 Sea Kayaking
Provides the skills and knowledge for Multi-day kayak trips in moderate conditions in moderately exposed environments (Class 2 Waters).
A Typical 5 Day Course would Include 1 - 2 Days in White Rock and a 3 - 4 Day Trip in the Gulf Islands
Successful participants will be given the Paddle Canada Level 2 certification
Prerequisites - Sea Kayak Day-tripping or Paddle Canada Level-1 Skills Course
Course Fees Include - Kayak and Related Equipment, Camping Fees, Group Equipment (Kitchen Tarps, Stoves, Pots)
Not Included - Personal Camping Equipment, Food, Transportation (Carpooling may be arranged)